Come to Summer Camp at AMSE!
June 24-28, 8-3:30
Rising 5th-7th Graders
Members $150 / Non-members $175
AMSE’s Science Camp is designed for rising fifth (must be 10 years old by June 1, 2019), sixth, and seventh graders, with a focus on a variety of science topics approached via field explorations and hands-on activities. Located at the historic Freels Bend Cabin site, campers cover topics such as habitats, life sciences, chemistry, physical sciences, forensics, weather, space, and electricity. The week includes special guest speakers as well as a tour of the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and AMSE.
- Lunch with Drink
- Comfortable Clothes, closed-toed shoes, long pants (for field work)
- Sunscreen, non-aerosol bug repellent
- Water Bottle (Must Have!), snack will be provided
Additional Information about Science Camp
- Science Camp has a maximum of 25 campers per session and a minimum of 20. Should 20 campers not enroll, the camp will be cancelled and your money will be refunded.
- Availability of the ORNL tour is subject to Security level. Additional paperwork may be required, especially for non-US citizens. Non-US citizens who register for camp after May 1 will not be able to participate in the ORNL tour.
- Payment is due with registration form.
- Camp ends at 3:30. Campers can be picked-up from camp between 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm. A late fee of $20 per 10 minutes will be charged should your camper not be picked up by 4:00 pm.
- Parents or guardians who pick up the campers must be able to provide ID and be on the pick-up list.
For more information call (865) 294-4517.
Summer Camp is sponsored by the AMSE Foundation.
Pay by calling 865-294-4531, visiting the museum, or mailing us at AMSE Summer Camps, 115 Main Street East, Oak Ridge, TN 37830. Register below or at the museum.