The Department of Energy prohibits the introduction, transportation or possession of weapons, explosives, firearms, dangerous materials or instruments, controlled substances, alcoholic beverages, any other items likely to produce substantial injury to persons or property, as well as any and all items prohibited by law.
This restriction includes:
- Items prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Controlled substances (i.e., illegal drugs and associated paraphernalia).
- Privately owned explosive chemicals and devices.
- Privately owned handguns or rifle of any make or model, including air-powered.
- Privately owned knives with blades longer than four inches.
- Privately owned ammunition or projectiles (e.g., bullets, rockets, arrows, etc., that could be discharged from a weapon).
- Items that could be used to start fires, excluding personal lighters.
Furthermore, DOE prohibits the introduction, transportation or possession of:
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Privately owned two-way radios.
- Any privately owned animal or pet not used as an assistance or trained, certified service animal.
Additional restrictions include:
- Large items are not allowed on the bus. This includes backpacks, briefcases, bags or purses larger than 12″ x 12″.
- Camera cases (Cameras are permitted)
- No food is permitted on the bus tour except for medical reasons. You may bring water.
- The bus does not stop for food. Please eat before boarding the bus.
- Smoking is prohibited during the bus tour.
DOE and AMSE reserve the right to remove people from bus tours for these and any other disruptions that may occur and/or which impact the experience of fellow passengers. Thank you for your cooperation.