The Department of Energy prohibits the introduction, transportation or possession of weapons, explosives, firearms, dangerous materials or instruments, controlled substances, alcoholic beverages, any other items likely to produce substantial injury to persons or property, as well as any and all items prohibited by law.
This restriction includes:
- Items prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Controlled substances (i.e., illegal drugs and associated paraphernalia).
- Privately owned explosive chemicals and devices.
- Privately owned handguns or rifle of any make or model, including air-powered.
- Privately owned knives with blades longer than two inches.
- Privately owned ammunition or projectiles (e.g., bullets, rockets, arrows, etc., that could be discharged from a weapon).
- Items that could be used to start fires, excluding personal lighters.
Furthermore, DOE prohibits the introduction, transportation or possession of:
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Privately owned two-way radios.
- Any privately owned animal or pet not used as an assistance or trained, certified service animal.
Additional restrictions include:
- Large items are not allowed on the bus. This includes backpacks, briefcases, bags or purses larger than 12″ x 12″.
- Camera cases (Cameras are permitted)
- No food is permitted on the bus tour except for medical reasons. You may bring water.
- The bus does not stop for food. Please eat before boarding the bus.
DOE and AMSE reserve the right to remove people from bus tours for these and any other disruptions that may occur and/or which impact the experience of fellow passengers.
To participate in the Doe Oak Ridge Facilities Public Bus Tour, please read and agree to the following rules:
- I am a US Citizen, and my age is 10 years or greater.
- I am prepared to show a valid photo ID (18 yrs. or older).
- There’s a possibility I could be searched while on federal property.
- On the bus guests will not carry any weapons, knives or explosives, firearms, dangerous materials or instruments, controlled substances, alcoholic beverages, and items prohibited by law.
- I will not carry on the bus any large items: bags, purses larger than 12” X 12”, briefcase, backpacks, etc.
- Cameras are allowed although there are restrictions on where they can be used.
- I will not bring food on the bus (except for medical reasons). Bottled water is allowed.
- I will not bring a pet on the bus (except for an assistance or a service animal).
- I will follow the instructions of the tour guide, assistant tour guide, bus driver and security personnel at all times, especially in the case of sounding alarms or other emergency.
- I understand that I am expected to exit the bus at all stops and stay with the group.
- I will not smoke.
- I will use a seat belt on the bus.
- Guests must be capable of independently entering and exiting the bus under their own power or with the assistance of an accompanying guest.
Thank you for your cooperation.